Friday, March 6, 2009

Lovin' it!

On a post earlier this week you may have seen photos of our new basement stairwell, well this wonderful new and safe access to our basement means that ALL the girls' toys are now downstairs and they can go up and down without my supervision!! YAY!!

That isn't the full
reason for my excitement today though. We moved the toys downstairs leaving a good sized room, centrally located on the main floor, empty. Hmmmm, what could I do with an empty room? I am gradually moving all my stuff out of the current sewing/craft/storage mess, (actually my mom-in-law organized it for me last week so it is much less of a mess but inconvenient none-the-less) into the new Mommy Room. The old room is hard to explain but is set apart enough that I couldn't keep tabs on the girls while I was in there, I couldn't even hear them. I always ended up hauling all my stuff to the kitchen table and dumping it back in the room at the end of the day - causing the mess!

My new room is right between the Family Room and
back door, the kitchen and new stairwell are right outside my door. I can hear everything and see them in seconds.

One more reason for my excitement is that I finally have a
computer in my Mommy Room. I was just going to sit down and sew, realized I needed instructions from a YCMT pattern that I have saved on my computer and was dreading either printing the instructions again or running between the computer in the Family Room and my sewing machine. Then I turned around and saw my computer sitting right behind me. Oh how wonderful this will be! I just had to take a moment and let you share in the excitement.

2 comments:

  1. That's great!! Have fun crafting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting and following my blog.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete